Jul 18, 2007

.:Summertime

Summertime has flooded the island with tourists, heat-waves, freak cloud-bursts, and a healthy dose of change. Happens every year really (save the rain and change), but I can't seem to get used to it.

Graduation has brought a tangible and sustained sense of inertia with it. Unlike high-school, this hasn't spawned the semi-dormant mindscape I faced before entering the undergrad programme. I have great expectations for grad school (hopefully not too unfounded) which are motivating me to do some serious, albeit unusual, background preparation. The world-ocean better be ready.

I have the pronounced concern that I'm identifying too strongly with what amounts to my career at the expense of the wonderfully occult facets of humanity that idle moments used to reveal. A prolonged camping trip in some mountain range is definitely in order to prevent the seeds of a mid-mid-life crisis germinating. Paranoia.

What ARE teabags made out of?

No comments: