Sep 10, 2005

Wildlife and ice cream

Back in Bremen for a warm welcome by the local fauna. The inhabitants of our new room were less than happy to see us. It was only with the aid of a plastic lunchbox that we were able to set most of them free (well out the window) to breed future generations of insects and arachnids bent on our destruction. Sadly Madame Loretta was unable to withstand the extraction procedure from my arm a week or so ago. Her probiscus is still comfortably implanted and festering. My leukocytes will win not to worry.
Surprisingly there were no infestations in my basement locker, nor any large fungi saprotrophically melting my clothes into nutritional supplements which gave me endless joy. Such happiness called for an attempt at cuisine by myself and Nikita. How did it go you say? well, there will be other foodstuffs bound to be buried in the near future. Until it's time comes it is in the deep freeze of the floor kitchen.
Such is life when cake and ice cream don't mean what they used to and the fridge light burns out


No comments: