Jun 18, 2005

Miscellanea

The effects of the sub-desktopian gum having dissipated, I am once more coherent enough to reenter the blogosphere. June 19th sees the birthday of Aung San Suu Kyi. She turns 60 this Sunday. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4096618.stm check that out for details of what she and many others face in Burma.

--

Methylethyamine – a very useful liquid when it comes to reducing global warming, or so the Microsoft office assistant in the lower left-hand side of the screen tells me. The liquid absorbs carbon dioxide voraciously but heat it, and the gas is released once more. Transporting the gas to sub-ocean storage sites (where the natural muds and clays lock it in) then becomes a possibility. So the atmosphere might be spared a little. It doesn’t sound like a long term solution, but it’s out there.

--

So what’s been going on, well I’ve been practicing on my didgeridoo, sleep being no barrier, paying homage to the ancient aboriginal tribes of the past and whatnot. Lurking around the island, lurking around Verdala, lurking in general. The arts festival being history and the Gaiafest joining it I have now acquired embryonic skills in the arts of extrasomatic mind control and tibetan relaxation techniques which I am developing to recruit masses of lamas to star in my future broadway musical “Dharma meets the Javanese Motorcycle Hairstylists” An ambitious project I know, but it’s worth a shot. Speaking of musicals, I’m happy to say that IUB’s next musical is in development. The producer (I think he’s the producer at least) and I are modifying the script and designing the sets. Let’s just hope that this year’s musical “Hair” didn’t deplete all the funding in the city state of Bremen. We’ll see, we’ll see.

No comments: